In a high-end camp, explore the nicest parts of Amboseli National Park . The park is about 392 kilometers southeast of Nairobi. It is well-known for being the best place in Africa to get up close to herds of wild elephants and for providing the best views of the magnificent Mount Kilimanjaro. The park is home to many wildlife species including, Cape buffaloes, impalas, lions, cheetahs, spotted hyenas, zebras, wildebeest, and many others. You are staying in a middle-class camp.
Amboseli is a beautiful park in and of itself, but it is most known for two things in particular: magnificent elephant herds and views of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, over the border. After the Masai Mara National Reserve, Amboseli is the second most visited national park in Kenya. It was designated a UNESCO-Mab Biosphere Reserve in 1991. The park's central basin floods with heavy rains, drawing swarms of species. The reserve is a great location to see the Big Five as well as uncommon and less well-known wildlife species.
Amboseli is One of the top national parks, situated in Kenya's southern region, bordering Tanzania. The park is also adjacent to Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest point in Africa and a well-known landmark. The park is one of the nearby protected areas to Nairobi, the country's capital, and it is home to the majority of Kenya's African elephants. The park is supported by a wide variety of tourist attractions, which has elevated its popularity among national parks across Africa, not only in Kenya. It would be incomplete to visit Kenya for wildlife viewing and not make it to Amboseli.
The park was created as a national park in 1974. It has a long history as one of Kenya's first protected areas, having been founded in 1906 as a wildlife reserve before being elevated to the status of a national park. Due of its tiny size of only 392 square kilometers—the protected area is simple to exploit during a single trip.
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- • Drinking water (On all days)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)